Set Apart

The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated on my experiences as a YWAMer in Skien, Norway during these 9 months on DTS.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Psalm 139:4

"Before a word is on my tongue, You know it completely, O Lord."

No pictures today. So, this last week we had teaching on Spiritual Warfare, from a lady named Hanne something or other. Tomorrow (Monday) morning at 2:00am, I'm leaving with 6 other people for Latvia for two weeks! We'll be visiting a one-year team there, and working with them! I'm not exactly sure yet of everything we'll be doing there, but I think we're going to be working in schools and making house visits. It should be really interesting to go to this part of Europe, and see how these people live. Other DTS teams these next two weeks are doing their outreach in: Estonia, England, Finland, Scotland, Denmark, Sweden. There's also a team of staff going to Madrid!

Not too much else going on as of now. When we get back from mini-outreach, we will have the (much anticipated) Ken Helser week. He will be teaching on Journaling, but apparently he teaches on many things, more than just journaling. So many people have said that it was their favorite teaching week of their DTS. But (haha) I'm trying not to get my hopes up too crazy high.

In other news, I think "culture shock" is taking its beginning stages among the other foreigners and I. Which would make sense, because apparently studies have shown that culture shock sets in between the 4th and 5th month in another culture. I've been here something like 4 1/2 months now. It's not a huge deal, it's just weird. I don't gid to explain it right now though. (gid = "norwenglish" for "bother").

What else, God is good! He has really been showing me His faithfulness and unconditional love lately. He's so good! :D

Anywho, I have to pack for Latvia! If anyone wants to pray, here's what you can pray about! Good health for all the teams, enough rest (both physically and spiritually, in God), team unity/teamwork, and last but certainly not least, for God to work through us, letting His will be done in these countries!

Farewell all of you, and God bless!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home