Set Apart

The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated on my experiences as a YWAMer in Skien, Norway during these 9 months on DTS.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy March!

I read the following verse this morning. It strikes me in some way, but I'm not sure what that way is. So I'm chewing on it.
Jeremiah 2:13 ~
My people have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me,
the spring of living water,
and have dug their own cisterns,
broken cisterns that cannot hold water.


What is sin? Sin is what separates us from God. In this verse, sin # 1 that the israelites were committing was forsaking God, the spring of living water. Sin # 2 is replacing the spring of living water (God) with their own failing, broken cisterns. hmm... I need to keep chewing.

Anyway, a couple days ago I came to the conclusion that the culture shock I've been experiencing in the past month or so (to different degrees), must finally be going away! I figure this, because I feel like myself again. I didn't realize how much I didn't feel like myself until I actually felt like myself again. What does myself feel like? Happy, joyful, and sometimes hyper... or typered (tired+hyper=typered).

Yep so right now I'm on a Team Week here in Skien. Today I played with two little kids for two hours. The three-year-old spoke a little bit of English because his dad speaks English to him. That was so much fun, being able to communicate with a little kid! (I miss that... being able to talk to and understand little kids. I miss being able to communicate with elderly people, too.) We taught each other colors. And other things. It was marvelous. It was grand.

Next week is another teaching week. A man who was a missionary in Papua New Guinea is coming to teach on Mission! I am so very excited!!!

And that is all.

Goodnight, God bless, sweet dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home