Set Apart

The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated on my experiences as a YWAMer in Skien, Norway during these 9 months on DTS.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Welcome to Thailand

Hello everybody!

I'm no longer in Norway... now I'm in Thailand!

Our team left on March 23rd and arrived in Bangkok the next day. A few days later we travelled to Mae Sot, to work with a Thai man here: Pastor Michael. So far we've mainly been doing evangelistic "street meetings" which consist of attention-getters like silly dances, then dramas and testimonies, and sharing the Gospel. Many people have been saved and a few people have also been healed. it's sooo cool to see and be a part of what God's been doing here!

This past weekend, we were at an English Camp for 12-16 year olds which was put on by the Thai government. We had the privilege of teaching about Western culture and about listening and speaking English. We were somewhat limited in what we were allowed to share about the Gospel, but we still could share some! In fact, on Easter Sunday, we did our "Gospel Drama" and we were able to explain it and say that "This very day is the day that we celebrate Jesus' resurrection".

Lately I believe God's been pounding into my mind and heart even more of what the Gospel means... I guess that's because we've been sharing and preaching it SO much. It's becoming more and more a part of my thought processes. I think sometimes I can get carried away in making my relationship with God too complicated. So it's soooo good to realize the complicated simplicity of the Gospel. Christ as a sacrifice, so I can once again be in fellowship with my Heavenly Father.

So, today is our day off. Then tomorrow, we're headed off to the JUNGLE! We will be in different Karen villages for 8 or 9 days. The Karen are a people group of refugees and displaced people. They have been kicked out of Burma (because of the war that has been going on there for 50 plus years) and have been forced to live in Thailand... continually being chased because of war, and living in fear. Please pray for the Karen people and other non-Burmese people groups of Burma (Myanmar).

Thank you all very much for the prayers! So far I've been very healthy and have not had ANY stomach problems! PRAISE GOD! :) Please keep praying that God does mighty things during our time here and for safety (physical, spiritual, etc) and health for our team. THANKS!!! :)

I sometimes miss home, but I'm so glad to be here, and I'm so thankful that I have such wonderful people backing me up at home.

By the way, here's our Thailand Team blog:
www.thailandteam2007.blogspot.com

There you can find pictures and updates of my time with my team in Thailand.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

~Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home